Friday, October 06, 2006

Scared of Being in Cambodia....

Curtis, a nice man I meet in Canada. He used to host IVEPers three years ago. He invited me to lunch at the Chinese restaurant in Steinbach. That is very nice of him. While we were eating and talking.. He told me about one of his friend, who has been to Thailand some months ago- in April, I guess. One day he decided to take the moto-taxi to Cambodia. After s short trip in Cambodia, he faced a crowd with plastic bag full of water. They were throwing those bag on him. He got really frighten.... He told the moto-taxi driver to turn back to Thailand.. That is so funny and it is so sad for him too. Because Cambodian people welcomed him with plastic bag full of water. I bet he must have been to Cambodia during Khmer New Year, when they throw water on each other. Well, it is just the story of Culture Shock....

No comments: